This quick mid week creamy, vegan mushroom and broccoli pasta dish is on the table in 15 minutes! Being vegan it is also dairy and egg free. Perfect with a big slice of garlic bread.
*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links - This means I receive a commission for purchases made though those links, at no cost to you. Please click here for further info*
This dish was made after I asked for some inspiration from my lovely followers on Instagram. I had a carton of Oatly cream sitting lonely in the fridge and kept staring at it every day, but couldn’t make up my mind what to make with it.
Someone suggested a creamy pasta dish…. and this recipe was born!
I think mushrooms always work well with creamy pasta sauces so I knew mushrooms were going to feature. I had some broccoli in the fridge and both kids will eat that, so added that in too. Broccoli also goes really well with mushroom.
Onion and garlic are always a great base and with some fresh parsley and nutritional yeast scattered through, you have a quick (ready in 15 minutes!), creamy, tasty pasta dish that you will cook again and again!
For another tasty pasta dish, why not check out my Creamy Bacon & Mushroom Dairy Free Pasta Bake.
How To Make Creamy Vegan Mushroom and Broccoli Pasta
First of all you need to boil your pasta. I have used fusilli in this recipe, however spaghetti would also work really well. If you are following a gluten free diet you can also swap normal pasta for a gluten free version.
Add the broccoli to the pasta pan for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Whilst the pasta is boiling, chop your onion and garlic very finely, next heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and fry off the onion and garlic on a low heat for 3-4 minutes.
Chop the mushrooms, add them to the pan and cook for a further 4 minutes, stirring regularly.
Once the pasta & broccoli is cooked, drain it and add to the pan with all the other ingredients. Sprinkle in the chopped parsley and mix together well.
Start to finish …. 15 minutes!! Perfect for those busy weeknight dinners.
How Can I Store Leftover Creamy Vegan Mushroom and Broccoli Pasta
You can store any leftover pasta in the fridge for 2-3 days. When you wish to re-heat it, pour a couple of extra tablespoons of Oatly cream over the pasta, you can then either re-heat in the microwave until piping hot or re-heat slowly in a frying pan.
Let me know in the comments what you think and if you have any favourite pasta dishes?
Want More? Check Out Some Of My Other Vegan Recipes
- Tree nuts
- Sesame seeds
- Sulphur dioxide and sulphites
- Gluten (Can be made gluten free by using gluten free pasta)
PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK ALL PACKAGING FOR INDIVIDUAL ALLERGENS.
Creamy Vegan Mushroom & Broccoli Pasta
- 150 g Fusilli Pasta Can be substituted for gluten free
- 125 ml Oatly cream
- 100 g Chestnut mushrooms Chopped
- 75 g Broccoli Chopped into small florets
- ½ Onion Finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic Finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 handful Fresh Parsley Chopped
- Salt and pepper To season
- Boil the pasta in a pan for 10 minutes. Add the chopped broccoli florets for the last 5 minutes.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, fry your chopped onion and garlic in the olive oil for 3-4 minutes on a low heat in a frying pan.
- Add the chopped mushroom and fry for a further 4 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Next add the Oatly cream and stir for a further minute.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and add to the frying pan.
- Sprinkle in the nutritional yeast and chopped fresh parsley.
- Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Stir well and serve immediately.