Hi! Welcome to the Scatty Mum.
I struggled to find easy allergy friendly recipes that were tasty and also suitable for the whole family, so I started experimenting in the kitchen ( with some disasters along the way!).
I’m Lauren and the face behind the blog. I am Mum to two mini humans aged 10 and 5. My eldest suffers from multiple food allergies. When she was first diagnosed nearly 9 years ago, I felt very overwhelmed and alone and felt my daughter was going to miss out on “normal food”.
My daughter is now outgrowing some of her allergies (we are not fully out of the woods yet) and I have decided to share my ideas & experiences to hopefully benefit others in the same situation.
- Overwhelmed on what to cook for a child who has food allergies?
- Struggling to find suitable allergy friendly recipes that can feed the whole family?
- Worried about eating out in restaurants due to food allergies?
- Anxious about how to wean your baby who has a Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy?
- Looking for support from other parents in the same boat as you?
- Interested in normal parental ramblings and product reviews?
Then look no further!
Here you will find...
- Allergy friendly tasty meals and bakes suitable for all the family
- Weaning recipes and finger foods
- Reviews on all the latest “free from” products
- Support and understanding
- Restaurant and travel reviews - I am obsessed with food and holidays!
I look forward to chatting with you all!