Hi! Welcome to the Scatty Mum.
I’m Lauren and the face behind the blog. I am Mum to two mini humans aged 10 and 5. My eldest child suffered from CMPA from birth and then went on to develop multiple food allergies. When she was first diagnosed nearly 10 years ago, I felt very overwhelmed and alone and felt my daughter was going to miss out on “normal food”.
I struggled to find tasty recipes that were allergy friendly and also suitable for the whole family, so I started experimenting in the kitchen ( with some disasters along the way!).
My daughter has thankfully outgrown most of her allergies (we are not fully out of the woods yet) and I have decided to share my ideas & experiences to hopefully benefit others in the same situation.
- Overwhelmed on what to cook for a child who has food allergies?
- Struggling to find suitable allergy friendly recipes that can feed the whole family?
- Worried about eating out in restaurants due to food allergies?
- Anxious about how to wean your baby who has a Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy?
- Looking for support from other parents in the same boat as you?
- Interested in normal parental ramblings and product reviews?
Then look no further!
Here you will find...
- Allergy friendly tasty meals and bakes suitable for all the family
- Weaning recipes and finger foods
- Reviews on all the latest “free from” products
- Support and understanding
- Restaurant and travel reviews - I am obsessed with food and holidays!
More about Lauren and the blog..
Scatty is a very British saying and according to the dictionary means “absent-minded and disorganised”. This is totally me!
My phone is always beeping with the hundred reminders I set myself a day as I’m so forgetful and as much as I try to be organised I can never quite get there!
She was diagnosed with CMPA a couple of months after birth, however after a couple of attempts on the milk ladder she grew out of this by aged 6. After weaning we also discovered allergies to egg and sesame which thankfully she grew out of by around aged 8.
Although she has never eaten peanuts or tree nuts, both showed up on her skin prick allergy testing so we were advised to avoid these too and given EPI pens.
A successful tree nut challenge was carried out a few years ago and at the time of writing (Jan 2023) she is booked in for a couple of weeks time in hospital to attempt the peanut challenge. If this is successful, she will be free of all her allergies. For that I will be beyond grateful.
Yes, I have quite a few vegan recipes on the blog including these Vegan Oreo Chocolate Brownies & Crispy Baked Cauliflower Bites
Join me over on…. Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest or subscribe to have all new recipes emailed directly to you.
I look forward to chatting with you all!
My Favourite Recipes...
These are my all-time favourite recipes that we enjoy as a family time & time again.