Hi! Welcome to the Scatty Mum.
I’m Lauren and the face behind the blog. I am Mum to two mini humans aged 7 and 2. My eldest suffers from multiple food allergies. When she was first diagnosed nearly 7 years ago, I felt very overwhelmed and alone and felt my daughter was going to miss out on “normal food”.
I struggled to find easy allergy friendly recipes that were tasty and also suitable for the whole family, so I started experimenting in the kitchen ( with some disasters along the way!).
My daughter is now outgrowing some of her allergies (we are not fully out of the woods yet) and I have decided to share my ideas & experiences to hopefully benefit others in the same situation.
- Overwhelmed on what to cook for a child who has food allergies?
- Struggling to find suitable allergy friendly recipes that can feed the whole family?
- Worried about eating out in restaurants due to food allergies?
- Anxious about how to wean your baby who has a Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy?
- Looking for support from other parents in the same boat as you?
- Interested in normal parental ramblings and product reviews?
Then look no further!
Here you will find…
- Allergy friendly tasty meals and bakes suitable for all the family
- Weaning recipes and finger foods
- Reviews on all the latest “free from” products
- Support and understanding
- Restaurant and travel reviews – I am obsessed with food and holidays!
I look forward to chatting with you all!