Hi! Welcome to the Scatty Mum.
I’m Lauren and the face behind the blog. I am Mum to two mini humans aged 11 and 6.
I love everything about food! Shopping for it, cooking it and most definitely eating it!
My eldest child suffered from CMPA from birth and then went on to develop multiple food allergies.
When she was first diagnosed nearly 10 years ago, I felt overwhelmed and alone and felt my daughter would miss out on “normal food”.
I struggled to find tasty recipes that were allergy-friendly and also suitable for the whole family, so I started experimenting in the kitchen ( with some disasters along the way!).
My daughter has thankfully outgrown her allergies and I have decided to share my ideas & experiences to hopefully benefit others in the same situation.
- Overwhelmed on what to cook for a child who has food allergies?
- Struggling to find suitable allergy friendly recipes that can feed the whole family?
- Worried about eating out in restaurants due to food allergies?
- Anxious about how to wean your baby who has a Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy?
- Looking for support from other parents in the same boat as you?
- Interested in normal parental ramblings and product reviews?
Then look no further!
Here you will find...
- Allergy-friendly tasty meals and bakes suitable for all the family
- Weaning recipes and finger foods
- Reviews on all the latest “free from” products
- Support and understanding
- Allergy-friendly Restaurant reviews -
More about Lauren and the blog..
Scatty is a very British saying and according to the dictionary means “absent-minded and disorganised”. This is totally me!
My phone is always beeping with the hundred reminders I set myself a day as I’m so forgetful and as much as I try to be organised I can never quite get there!
She was diagnosed with CMPA (cows milk protein allergy) a couple of months after birth, however after a couple of attempts on the milk ladder she grew out of this by aged 6.
After weaning we also discovered allergies to egg and sesame which thankfully she grew out of by around aged 8.
Although she had never eaten peanuts or tree nuts, both showed up on her skin prick allergy testing so we were advised to avoid these too and given EPI pens.
A successful tree nut challenge was carried out a few years ago and in Jan 2023 a peanut challenge carried out in hospital was also successful.
This means she is now free of all her allergies. For this I am beyond grateful.
I know how hard it can be navigating the world of food with allergues, so wanted to give back and create tasty recipes that you can all enjoy safely as a family.
I look forward to chatting with you all!
My Favourite Recipes...
These are my all-time favourite recipes that we enjoy as a family time & time again.