A tasty salami gluten free puff pastry pizza which is flaky, light and so tasty. Going gluten free doesn’t mean you have to miss out!
This pizza can also be adapted to be dairy free too. It is so simple to make and is ready in under 25 minutes!
This gluten free puff pastry pizza is perfect for a quick mid week dinner or even a Friday night fakeaway.
I think this recipe tastes far nicer than a pizza made with gluten free dough. The pastry gives it a really nice richness but it feels super light and who can resist crispy pastry!
How To Make Gluten Free Puff Pastry Pizza
⬇️ Here you will find an overview of how to make the recipe. For full information on ingredients and quantities please see the recipe card at the bottom of the page ⬇️
I have used Jus Rol Gluten Free Puff Pastry in a ready rolled sheet for this recipe, as I find it cooks just as well as normal puff pastry. Just Rol is great for making all sorts of sweet & savoury dishes like this pizza, as well as gluten-free apple turnovers, vegetable curry pies & gluten-free bacon & cheese turnovers.
It is also free from ALL the 14 top allergens. (Please double check packaging for up to date allergy information)
- Take your pastry out of the packet at least 10 minutes before you want to start using it and bring it to room temperature so it will cook evenly.
- Score a border around the pastry sheet about 1 inch in from the edge.
- Inside the border, prick the pastry with a fork in lines - this is really important as it will stop it puffing up like a balloon!
- Spoon on your tomato sauce base - less is more to ensure that you don’t get a soggy bottom!
- I then add a layer of grated carrot to try and sneak some veg in - if you don’t need to do this you can put your toppings on after the cheese.
- Sprinkle over the cheese - I have used cheddar in this recipe but you can easily swap it for mozzarella or a dairy free cheese like this one if you need the recipe to be dairy free.
- Put into a pre heated oven for around 10-15 minutes depending on your oven - but keep checking it.
- You want a nice light brown colour, you can lift the pizza up slightly with a fish slice to check if the underneath is cooked.
What Alternatives Can I Use?
Allergic to Dairy?
Swap the cheddar or mozzarella for a dairy free cheese. I love Violife cheeses and this Violife Mozzarella non dairy cheese is a great substitute!
Allergic to Celery?
Drop the ketchup and instead mix the tomato puree with a little water to loosen it.
Ok with Gluten?
You can use the standard Just Rol Puff Pastry
I guarantee this pizza will be added to your regular dinner list. It’s so simple, you can mix up the toppings and use a combination of whatever you like. Another favourite of ours is a pesto base with red peppers and mushrooms.
Let me know your favourite topping combinations below!
Want More? Check Out My Other Pastry Recipes
This Recipe Is Free from
- Tree nuts
- Sesame seeds
- Sulphur dioxide and sulphites
- Dairy (Can be made dairy free by using a dairy free cheese)
- Celery (Can be made celery free but substituting the ketchup with tomato puree and water)
PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK ALL PACKAGING FOR ALLERGENS
If you loved this recipe, please leave me a 5🌟 rating or comment below. I really do appreciate it. 😊
Gluten Free Puff Pastry Pizza
- ½ teaspoon Oregano Dried
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Puree
- 3 tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 100 g Grated Cheddar Mozzarella or a dairy free cheese can be used as an alternative
- 6 Slices Salami
- 1 small Carrot Grated
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and packaging and let it rest on the side for 10 minutes before using.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees / gas mark 4
- Place the pastry on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper
- Lightly score a border around the pastry sheet with a knife around 1 inch in from the edge.
- Prick the inside of the border in lines, all over with a fork.
- Mix the tomato puree with the ketchup and oregano in a small bowl.
- Spoon this all over the pastry sheet inside the border
- Grate the carrot and cheese
- Add the grated carrot onto the pizza base evenly, then sprinkle over the cheese
- Top with the salami
- Place in the middle shelf of the oven for 10-15 mins depending on your oven.
- Slice and serve