These dairy free cranberry & coconut flapjacks are so moreish! They are sweet, chewy & crunchy and make a perfect mid afternoon snack.
They can also be made gluten free by using gluten free oats. Delicious with a cup of tea!
*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links - This means I receive a commission for purchases made though those links, at no cost to you. Please click here for further info*
Both of my children take after their Dad and have a really sweet tooth. (I’m more of the savoury kind).
They absolutely love flapjacks, but nearly all of the shop bought ones contain milk so I set about coming up with a recipe for homemade ones.
There is no getting away from the fact that these contain sugar. I messed around with recipes for sugar free ones, swapping the sugar for banana etc.. but this recipe was definitely their favourite… surprise!!
Eaten in moderation and as a treat they are fine, especially as you know exactly what has gone into them and they are not packed full of preservatives.
How To Make Dairy Free Cranberry & Coconut Flapjacks
- Preheat your oven to 180c / gas mark 4.
- Pour your oats, cranberries and desiccated coconut into a bowl and mix well.
- Melt the dairy free spread, brown sugar and golden syrup on a low heat, in a saucepan on the hob.
- Once melted, pour it into the bowl with the dry ingredients and give it a really good stir.
- Put the mixture into a 20x20 square tin and push down with the back of a spatula.
- Bake for 20 mins until golden brown.
How Can I Stop The Dairy Free Cranberry & Coconut Flapjacks Falling Apart?
Firstly make sure you pack the mixture in really tightly in the baking tin and push down with the back of a spatula.
Once the flapjacks are cooked and have been removed from the oven, give them a couple of minutes to cool slightly, then slice, but leave them in the tin and don’t try to separate them or remove them from the tin until they are completely cool.
How Do I Store The Flapjacks?
They will keep for a week or so in an airtight container at room temperature.
Want More? Check out my other sweet treats
- Milk (If using dairy free spread)
- Tree nuts
- Sesame seeds
- Gluten (Can be made gluten free by using gluten free oats)
- Sulphur Dioxide (In the desiccated coconut)
PLEASE CHECK THE INGREDIENTS ON ALL PACKAGING FOR ALLERGENS
Dairy Free Cranberry & Coconut Flapjacks
- 250 g Porridge oats Can be substituted for gluten free oats
- 50 g Desiccated coconut
- 50 g Cranberries dried
- 125 g Dairy free spread
- 125 g Brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon Golden syrup
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees / gas mark 4
- Mix the oats, cranberries and desiccated coconut together in a bowl
- Melt the sugar, dairy free spread and golden syrup in a saucepan
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well
- Put the mixture into a 20x20 square ovenproof tin, pressing the mixture down well with the back of a spatula
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Once cooked, remove from the oven.
- After a couple of minutes slice into 9 squares but do not remove from tin until totally cooled